Fajita Chicken Soup
Updated: Oct 30, 2020
4-5 large chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
2 red bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
3 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 small jalapeno, diced small
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
2 teaspoon adobo sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 15 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 4.5 oz. can green chilis (optional for extra spice)
1 can black beans, rinsed
¼ cup quinoa (not a lot to keep it very low carb, but adds a nice texture to the soup)
1 packet fajita seasoning
1 quart (32 oz.) chicken stock
1 quart (32 oz.) chicken bone broth
1 fresh avocado, diced (optional, but not really)
1. Preheat oven for 350°F. Bake fresh or frozen chicken in oven until about halfway done (may be raw in the very center). Then, it will finish cooking in the soup for better flavor.
2. In a large stock pot: saute pepper, onion, and jalapeno for 5 min on low-med heat until softened. Add garlic and cook for another 2 min. Stir in adobo sauce and chipotle peppers, cook for an additional 1 min.
3. Add remaining ingredients including the chicken, let simmer on med for 15 minutes then simmer on low for 45 min. (The longer you cook soup, the better!)
4. Before serving, remove the chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Return chicken to the pot for another 15 minutes on low.
5. Serve with fresh avocado on top! (this is a must!)
When you are ready to gain ground in your health this year and get on a plan that actually works, schedule a FREE breakthrough consultation and we help you see breakthrough in your health! These are custom “breakthrough” health consults for those who want clarity in how to gain ground in their health.