THE NO-CARB MEATLOAF!
Updated: Oct 16, 2020
Here is a recipe that you will LOVE! We have found a way to make a healthy meatloaf and we are ready to tell you the secret ingredient...YOU READY?? Almond flour.
Yields: 2 standard loaf pans
Sauce: 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 10 oz can tomato sauce 1 teaspoon brown spicy mustard 1 tsp garlic, minced Salt & Pepper to taste
Meatloaf: 2 eggs, whole 2 egg whites ½ cup milk (2% or whole is best)* 1/3 cup sauce, cooled 2/3 cup almond flour 1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning 3 lb. lean ground beef (I used 90/10) ½ large onion, chopped 2 tsp garlic, minced 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients for sauce in a small sauce pan. After it has simmered for 15 minutes, remove 1/3 cup to cool then to be added to the meatloaf mixture.
3. Sauté onion and garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat until soft and onions are slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs then add remaining ingredients for meatloaf except for the beef. Whisk to combine.
5. Add ground beef, cooled sauce and cooled onion + garlic mixture. Mix with hands until combined and ingredients are mixed throughout.
6. Divide mixture between two greased loaf pans – place in preheated oven, covered with tin foil, for 40 min.
7. At 40 min, remove pans to drain/scrape fat and drippings on top. Add desired amount of sauce on tip and return to oven for another 20-30 min.
8. Serve with extra sauce & enjoy!
*Can sub for unsweetened, unflavored rice or almond milk.